Make your nursery a warm nest for your baby. A nursery area rug should either be big enough to anchor your major furniture pieces or small enough to sit independently of them. If you’re working with hardwood floors, it’s always best to choose a larger rug, ensuring that the front legs of your crib and other large furniture pieces overlap the carpet’s edge by at least a few inches.
Dressing an existing carpet? Choose a rug that fills the empty space in your little one’s room, leaving a few inches between the edges of the rug and the furniture.
Consider your priorities. If durability is high on your list, opt for a strong, washable synthetic. Worried about toxic residue? Choose an organic fiber like cotton or sisal. If you can’t decide, a wool rug is always a good bet. Organic wool is hardy and easy to clean.
Tip: Fabric density is a good indicator of quality and durability. Before you buy, try this quick test: Dig into the rug with your fingertips. The harder it is to reach the bottom of the mat, the better the quality of the rug.
We strolled the internet for the best reviewed, modern carpets.
- 70 inch/177 cm
- Best uses are as a perfect kid’s mat for children or under the play tent, on the end of a bed or a rug at the bedside
- Artificial Animal Wool, Natural Fiber, Clean and eco- friendly, Long-lasting, Wonderfully soft, fade resistant
- Keep warm during cold winter weathers
- Spot-cleaned (professional rug cleans is recommended), vacuum regularly with straight suction vacuum
- Available in over 20 different fashionable colors
- It’s soft!
- Highest reviewed shag area rug with 6,000+ reviews
- Easy-care with virtually non-shedding enhanced polypropylene fibers
- It looks like the picture, no surprises.
- Perfect for every room and every style.
The next one is similar.
- Available in different colours and sizes
- Incredibly soft
- All that’s needed is simple vacuuming or spot cleaning
- Give your home an effortless modern touch with a super-soft, luxurious 100% polypropylene Malibu shag rug
- 30-day money-back customer satisfaction guarantee If you don’t completely love your rug, we’ll help you find a better fit for your needs – or your money back
When you prefer a small rug
- does not shed
- 55% polyester, 45% acrylic
- More white than cream, so it doesn’t have a ‘dirty’ look
Same quality, different shape
A bright, creamy beige carpet with golden spiral braid
- Beautiful for natural, light colored rooms.
- It’s reversible, it has a double-sided floor protector;
- Machine-stitched tight to withstand high-traffic areas; if necessary, repair loose strands using a sewing needle and heavy-duty thread
- Crafted from 60% recycled cotton chindi cloth and 40% sustainable jute fibers
- Measures 3-feet/91 cm in diameter;
- Do not place on or over carpet; use only with a rug pad
- DO NOT MACHINE WASH – Shake or vacuum to clean