Bathing an infant can be the sweetest, most relaxing, most absolutely terrifying experience in a young parent’s life. Some of the best bath tubs can alleviate some of that stress and make tub time more enjoyable.
When it comes to shopping for a baby bathtub, the first question is:
How do you want to bath your baby?
These are all of your options with the best reviews.
1. You can use a bath tub with a bath stand.
2. You can use bath support for in the sink or for in your own tub.
The Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling grows with your baby and is a best seller! It’s also the cheapest option.
3. More options when you prefer to use just the sink.
This one is also a bestseller. It’s the Angelcare Bath Support that features drain holes that allow soapy water to be rinsed away easily. Also the material is gentle for your baby’s delicate skin. Ideal for babies 0 – 6 months.
- Safety experts discourage the use of products like bath rings or seats. “If the child slips through, they can be trapped underneath, which is much more hazardous than falling into open water,” says Stephanie Cowle, health promotion coordinator at Parachute Canada, a national charitable organization dedicated to preventing injuries.
- When you use your own bath for washing your baby, the Bath Kneeler is a must. It’s machine washable and has also 2 large mesh pockets for a total of 4 storage compartments.